Ten Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap:
1. Have a really hot, long shower. Cry if you need to. Sit on the ground. Feel sorry for yourself. Let the steam soak into your skin. Let the hot water wash your face clean. But the moment you turn off that water, you are done feeling sorry for yourself. Make a decision to move on from that sadness.
2. Clean. I know, cleaning is boring and annoying - but how about that feeling you get when you are finished? The smell of the vacuum. That feeling of accomplishment? Who knows, you might even find money along the way. Totally worth it. It’s like starting with a clean slate.
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. If your first choice doesn’t pick up, choose someone else. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
4. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
5. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
6. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
7. Drink tea. This always works. Not a tea fan? Try hot water with a slice of lemon and some agave syrup.
8. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
9. Cook some really nice, warm food. Stimulate your taste buds with anything as simple as two minute noodles or as lavish as a three course garlic bread, pasta bake, chocolate mousse triple combo.
10. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy insect repellent” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!
(via vibeacious)Posted 2 years ago with 329,539 notes
- morgenstcrn likes this
- astrid-kuchiki likes this
- ripmyheartoutirwin likes this
- theloyalsecretspark likes this
- randombookworm likes this
- nunichan likes this
- onmyrjhadden likes this
- accubation-and-adoxography reblogged this from punkrockmermaid
- midorkima likes this
- bandcampwarrior likes this
- wxstcovst reblogged this from kugelmonkeyy
- sobringontomorrow likes this
- ill-usionist likes this
- unwhoreable likes this
- veronicando likes this
- mylittlebuttercup likes this
- kugelmonkeyy reblogged this from recoveryisbeautiful
- greyecki likes this
- moderndaymazzie likes this
- perfhemmingo likes this
- caniprestige reblogged this from lilyisk3wl
- caniprestige likes this
- mayorofthezone likes this
- glnchanel reblogged this from ruhtwoah
- journalsstuff likes this
- lilyisk3wl reblogged this from ayoungnino
- lonelylovelygirll reblogged this from di-vergences
- swearwolvees reblogged this from 0rganica-fresh
- katchups reblogged this from sweeeeetsmiles
- para-daize reblogged this from efflorescence-adolescents
- feeyawns likes this
- nedivaa reblogged this from fxrgxttensoul
- twistedthepaint likes this
- deliriousdaylight reblogged this from hplyrikz
- vincentscafe likes this
- moment-surfing likes this
- thekittycatgoesmeow reblogged this from hplyrikz
- vermontknolls likes this
- wherewerewebaby reblogged this from di-vergences
- live-a-radlife likes this
- di-vergences reblogged this from allisonsupernova
- iamluckyli reblogged this from hplyrikz
- cai-koala reblogged this from punkrockmermaid
- austyy23 likes this
- youfilthyderfocrat likes this
- meredithannebell likes this
- creamhuffed reblogged this from hplyrikz
- riddlemoss9316 likes this
- jessislikeomg likes this
- p-eona likes this